ugh, i'm not even sure I want to write this post, but if I don't do i might never do it. So after Matt's surgery yesterday, which he came through with flying colors, albeit in pain, we were told there was a possibility there would be nothing because nothing had been detected up to that point. Which we kind of expected but hoped against all odds wouldn't be the case. Well this morning as my ride (the wonderful Michelle) and I pulled up to the office to have my retrieval they told me they could find absolutely nothing. At this point the doctor said i had two options, either cancel my retrieval, or freeze the eggs. It seemed like such a waste of time and money at this point to not go ahead and retrieve the eggs. So I went ahead with it.
It wasn't much fun, trying not to cry about the previous news and interact with doctors and tell them i was fine to go through with the procedure, and being so un-gracefully displayed in my hospital gowns, and being stuck numerous times trying to get an IV started. But I had a very nice anesthesiologist, he made some funny jokes, and brightened a dreary morning. In all I was only asleep for about a half hour, and took about 20 minutes to fully wake up enough to get dressed and wheeled out the the car to go home. They say its only some mild cramping you feel, which was true when i first woke up, but the cramping has subsided and now i can feel the deeper pain around my ovaries where they took eggs. But Its worth it because they said they got 16 mature eggs to freeze. so now we just have to figure out this process of getting a donor and deciding how many to fertilize and when to transfer....... ugh ugh ugh
In the end all we can say is we tried our best and we did all we could to help matt have biological children, and now we just have to move on.
What a blow. I'm sorry you guys.
ReplyDelete