Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 8 and 9

So far day 8  and 9 have been the scariest we've had during IVF. Day 8 they told us we were ready to trigger the maturation of our eggs, which I wasn't expecting for another two or three days but in the end its a good thing its happing so fast. So triggering at 11pm last night sent us into a mad rush, on a weekend to get ahold of matt's male fertility specialist, which UConn CARS center did for us. they've been great really. So after about 8 phone calls matt was scheduled for his MESA/TESA procedure for this morning. He was so nervous, infact he is still in surgery right now as I write this blog. This whole process is so stressful, if he doesn't have any sperm I don't know what we are gonna do. there is the possibility of getting donor sperm brought in last minute, or freezing my eggs for another day.... or just not going through with retrieval... but I think I will go through with retrieval if they can successfully freeze my eggs.
I just hope and pray matt has something.... if not this is all for nothing and we'll have wasted over 30 eggs half of which are supposed to be mature enough to fertilize.... oh goodness just writing this post today makes me want to cry..... to much stress.

Really hope matt comes through this well, and I can get the samples back up to UCONN CARS center in a timely fashion..... Please be praying for us who ever reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment