Monday, August 2, 2010

Beginning August with a Bang :)

       It is a new month :) we have successfully got our rent payment in the mail and are slowly trying to get things in order around our apartment.
       Lately we have been thinking about either moving or making some major improvements at our apartment. Our rental agreement is up in November so maybe we can decide what we're doing by then :) ... but speaking of improvements we decided our apartment needs to me sound proofed, at least in the bedroom. The biggest reason for that is so we can get some decent sleep. Our apartment is situated on a main street running through the town, therefore there is a lot of traffic... semi's, motorcycles, ambulances, anything and everything with a big engine or can make a lot of noise is going past our place night and day, and the biggest offense is the semi's use engine brakes. Thus the need for sound proofing the windows somehow and convincing the landlord it should come out of rent :)
      Another little project we decided needs done is replacing our tiny bathroom sink. If you have ever been in a kids club house you might have noticed the little baby sinks, well that is the size of ours, you can't wash your face or in Matt's case shave without getting water everywhere because its so little. I honestly don't think it would be to big of a hassle to do it. I've spent my life watching my dad do repairs and home improvements that I think its something me and Matt can handle.
      I know normally these might be something you would talk to a landlord about doing for you but seeing as we haven't heard from him in over a month, even though we've been calling... we are determined to do somethings on our own. He (the landlord) promised to fix our fan in the living room which has been on since we moved in, (which we might just fix ourselves too) and we need him to see if there is a leak in the apartment above.
      We've had a few really good thunder storms, with some really heavy rain. Which normally I love. I enjoy listen to the thunder and watching the rain and lightning... but somehow you can't enjoy them any more when you are forced to hold bowls in the window to keep the waterfall of water coming in and drenching anymore of you things. I'm sure i was standing in the window for close to 20 minutes. At first we thought the window just wasn't closed properly but we know that its really coming from the frame through the wall somewhere from the third floor apartment. So we will leave that one to the landlord to fix.
     I know this is starting to sound like a rant and that maybe all i'll ever do on this blog is complain, but its not. For the most part we are really enjoying our apartment. I may be still trying to get use to Connecticut but we have the necessities and we are enjoying each other and this point in life when all these little things come up. And in a way, we are loving every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment