SO just yesterday morning I'm going about my day, getting on WIC, and applying for husky(aka medicaid) thinking my back hurts alot, didn't think much of it till getting home and realizing the back pain was coinciding with some minor contractions. Then just an hour or so later I decided to start timing them and gave matt a heads up that it might be the real thing. Only freaked him out an itty bitty little bit while at work :) needless to say I finally called our midwife, and we made the decision to wait it out another hour or two to see if contractions became any more regular, cause they were anywhere from 7 to 2 min apart. well and hour later we drove the hour to our birth center and found out I was a solid three cm dilated, possibly a four. so we were sent to walk around town or get a hotel room to wait it out a little longer before we were admitted. ten minutes later matt was about to get us a room so I could have a shower, when, as I got out of the car, my water broke.... so back to the midwife.
Well my contractions were worse and I had awful back labor, and i labored for about three hours before I asked to be checked, With the thought in my mind that if i wasn't at least to 7cm I was gonna be transferred to the hospital for meds, cause i had hit that point that the back pain was so awful that i just didn't think I could do it anymore. well I was only a 5, possible 6 and I wanted to cry. But the midwife told me we could try a few other things before we went for meds. so the remaining membranes blocking baby's head were ruptured, and I got back in the shower, then the tub, telling Matt that I couldn't do it anymore. And was being dead honest, so Matt asked if I wanted a blessing. After that the pain was worse,but I went from a 5 to a 10 in only like an hour. And pushed for another hour and a half. I came so close to throwing in the towel on my natural childbirth plans because of back labor.
But I survived and we now have a beautiful baby girl that we named Emeryn Mckenzie. She was 6 lbs, 7.5 ounces and 19 inches long and born at 38 weeks and 3 days gestation. So far this first day together we are doing good, but we are not pros at breast feeding yet. Its really hard to get her to latch properly, but we are working on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment